Inner West Tenants’ Advice & Advocacy Service (IWTAAS) and Northern Sydney Area Tenants’ Service (NSATS) provide free, confidential legal information, advice and advocacy to tenants living in public and private residential housing.

Inner West Tenants' Advice and ADvocacy Service

This service is available to all tenants within the Inner West .

You can access this service by calling us on 9559 2899.

If a Tenant Advocate is not available when you call, we will take a message and an Advocate will call you back as soon as possible.

We try to return all calls within 2 business days, however calls from boarders and lodgers will be taken immediately whenever possible.

Newtown Outreach Service

Every Thursday IWTAAS provide a weekly outreach service at One Stop Shop, which operates from 2pm to 4pm each Thursday at the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre.

Northern Sydney Area Tentants' Service

Our Northern Sydney Area Tenants’ Service helps tenants living from North Sydney to Ryde & Pittwater.

Our intake phone line is open Monday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am – 1pm and Tuesday and Wednesday 2 - 5pm. Outside of these times you can leave a message on our answering machine and our intake office will return your call.

Manly Outreach Service

NSATS operates an outreach service on a fortnightly basis from the Manly Community Centre between 10am and 12pm every second Tuesday.

We will be operating our outreach service on the following dates: 

  • 6 June 2017
  • 20 June 2017
  • 4 July 2017
  • 18 July 2017
  • 1 August 2017
  • 15 August 2017
  • 29 August 2017

How can we help?

IWTAAS and NSATS provide advice to tenants on their rights and responsibilities. We do not give advice to landlords.

Typical tenancy issues:

  • Starting a tenancy
  • Bond disputes
  • Rent arrears
  • Repairs
  • Being evicted
  • Going to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal 

How to find NSATS

Suite 501A Level 5 282 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067

By Train

Chatswood train station is a 10 minute walk from the office

By Car

The closest cross street is Neridah St. There is one hour parking in Neridah St. There is also 3 hours free parking across the street in Chatswood Chase car park

By Bus

There is a bus stop located directly outside the office building. The following bus routes use this stop 136,137,257,273,275,L60 and M40.

How to find IWTAAS

IWTAAS is located at the Marrickville Legal Centre, 338 Illawarra Road, Marrickville

By train

Marrickville Station is on the Bankstown line. Walk up the stairs out of Marrickville Station. Cross the road at the pedestrian lights, turn right, and we are on the next block down.

By bus

The 423 bus (City to Kingsgrove) stops on Illawarra Road outside Marrickville Station.

By car

The closest cross street is Petersham Road. There is on-street parking available in most of the surrounding back streets, and a public car park on the corner of Illawarra Road and Calvert Street.

For more detailed trip planning consult the NSW Government trip planner: www.131500.com.au

Contact us

If you are a tenant and live in Inner Western Sydney call 9559 2899.
If you are a tenant and live in Northern Sydney call 8198 8650.

You can also get information, fact sheets and sample letters on a range of tenancy issues at www.tenants.org.au

If you need an interpreter call 131 450 and ask them to call us.